This training is geared towards enabling the Database Analyst in formulating adequate answers to business information requirements, which may come in the form of reporting requirements or ad-hoc/one-off specific requests for analysis purposes.
The training is primarily for participants in Database Analyst or related business roles such as Data Collector, Data Analyzer, Report Writer and Business Analyst to name a few.
By the end of this training, participants should be able to
- Read/Understand the layout (schematic design) of a complete database;
- Ability to create, manage, migrate or backup/restore a Microsoft SQL Server database;
- Understand SQL from an ANSI/ISO standard perspective (vendor agnostic);
- Make the translations for SQL to a vendor-specific implementation without much difficulty;
- Formulate accurate answers to business information requirements by building new –or modifying existing– complex queries required for reporting or analysis purposes.
INSTRUCTIONAL METHOD AND REQUIREMENTS
During this training, participants can expect:
- Classroom setting Lectures, with sufficient room to analyze real-world problems;
- Very hands-on in-class assignments; Take-home assignments;
- Supplementary research (hours) to be completed at the student’s convenience.
REQUIRED TRAINING MATERIALS
The training will be conducted based on ANSI/ISO SQL, but the training environment will be Microsoft SQL Server 2016 or 2017 Express Edition with supplementary SQL Server Management Studio software. While a wealth of valid online-resources are available and can surely be referenced, prescribed reading remains authoritative.
ABOUT THE LECTURER
ing. Fabian Lewis M.Sc. – Passionate, Progressive, Pragmatic
Fabian has a strong and diverse ICT background, having worked in Suriname, the Netherlands, Jamaica and Trinidad & Tobago, and in diverse industries.
ACCREDITATION / CERTIFICATION / RECOGNITION
These courses are an integral part of the IMIT education program accredited by the “National Orgaan voor Accreditatie” (NOVA). The successful completion of the course entitles non-IMIT students an IMIT (sub) certificate. IMIT is recognized by The Ministry of Education, Science and Culture (MINOWC).