During the sessions a student who has no prior knowledge of programming is exposed to the following:
- Understanding of data types,
- Operator usage,
- Control structures: the power they hold,
- Implicit and explicit data conversions,
- Use of functions,
- Code formatting and documenting.
INSTRUCTIONAL METHOD AND REQUIREMENTS
During this training, participants can expect: Instructor led classroom training
- Classroom setting Lectures, with sufficient room to analyze real-world problems;
- Very hands-on in-class assignments;
- Take-home assignments;
- Supplementary research (hours) to be completed at the student’s convenience.
There is one mid-course evaluation and the course is concluded by means of the final exam.
ABOUT THE INSTRUCTOR
Ing. Fabian Lewis M.Sc.
Fabian has a strong and diverse ICT background, having worked in Suriname, the Netherlands, Jamaica and Trinidad & Tobago, and in diverse industries. His work experience in the context of this training includes designing and optimizing of information systems. In recent projects Fabian has experience as a project technical lead, functional and technical designer, analyst and business developer, Relational Databases, Programming to name a few.
ACCREDITATION / CERTIFICATION / RECOGNITION
These courses are an integral part of the IMIT education program accredited by the “National Orgaan voor Accreditatie” (NOVA). The successful completion of the course entitles non-IMIT students an IMIT (sub) certificate. IMIT is recognized by The Ministry of Education, Science and Culture (MINOWC).